The officers' pavilion was built in 1858-1863 in a neo-Gothic style,
resembling English Gothic architecture.
It is a two-storied corner building with two polygonal
angle towers on the main facade with a terrace on the main floor.
The neo-Gothic building of the officers' pavilion is located
in the same neighbourhood with the general Klapka square
en route to the New and Old Fortresses
Originally, the building was used as an apartment block
for the officers (and their families) of the imperial
and the royal army.
On the main floor, there was a casino for the officers,
which nowadays serves for the representative purposes
of the city. In 1999-2000 an amphitheater was
built on its courtyard.