The Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, also known as the
Blumental Church, is a Roman Catholic church located in the
broader old town centre of ,
on the corner of the Florian square and the Bratislava Blumental Street. It was built in the
years 1885 - 1888 in neo-Romanesque style
The furniture inside dates back to the 19th century, apart from the pews brought here from
Martin's Cathedral. Visitors should take a closer look at a copy
of a painting brought into the city by a merchant in 1770 and a crucifix made
by a local sculptor Fadrusz.
In front of the church, a sculpture of Saint Florian is situated overlooking the square.
(Now under reconstruction)