the town situated on the south of Slovakia,
is linked with one of the branches
of the aristocratic Magyar Esterházy family.
The family left the two important historical
buildings – the Renaissance Manor House
(from the 17th century) and the Neo-Gothic
Manor House (from the year 1860).
The Neo-Gothic Manor House in Galanta
was built in 1633 by brothers
Daniel and Paul Esterházy
as a renaissance fortress.
In 1736 it was rebuilt in the baroque style.
Its present-day look is the result
of the vast reconstruction done
by Joseph Esterházy, who was inspired
by the romantic English Gothic style.
(Unfortunately now closed
- waiting for his reconstruction)